‘We Are The Dwarves’ is a new action-RPG with an unique setting and story. Opposite to the real Universe we know, everything is inverted here: the void is replaced by endless stone, where life exists only in gigantic caves enlightened by bright Stars. These Stars have special powers, that are strong enough to change physical laws and give life.
Developed by Kiev based Whale Rock Games, the game will release now on PC and distributed by Steam. “We put a lot of efforts to create a unique universe of endless stone. Help dwarven astronauts to complete their dangerous interstellar mission and find a way back home. Lot of dangerous foes and places are waiting for you. Break through the hordes of enemies with unstoppable dwarven team!”, explained Aleksey Moskovchenko, Project Lead and Technical Director at Whale Rock Games.
Dwarves is just a race among others, being at the edge of extinction, because the Stars mystically go out. Forcer, Smashfist and Shadow are the only survivors of a drilling starship expedition, and their mission is to find a new Star for the dwarven folk. The accident brought them to the unknown part of the Stone Universe, pushing into dangerous circumstances, but that’s where the adventure begins! Dwarves are going to meet other small civilizations and ancient monsters from the deep layers of the Endless Stone. Some of them are dangerous enemies to each other and this plays to our dwarves hands.
The gameplay includes:
– Single-player game where you control three-dwarves team, each of them having their own set of exclusive skills;
– Active game pause mode, for better setting of tactic moves – just stop the game and command your dwarves what to do, and watch them performing when you release the pause;
– You can create the sequence of actions for all three characters at the same time (stack of commands);
– Depending on what you want from the level, you can play in the style of slasher or think through stealth tactics and use environment wisely. That brings fun in replaying the levels;
– The creatures living in the world of the Endless Stone can not only communicate with each other, they have senses to see, hear or smell your trace, which makes it harder for you to stay unnoticed.
Source: Whale Rock Games