Paris based VIZ Media Europe, the leader in Japanese Entertainment content in Europe, announced that the first season (26 episodes) of the animated TV series Yo-Kai Watch will debut on Cartoon Network in the United Kingdom on April 23rd, 2016. The animated TV series will also be available in more than 100 territories (Europe & Africa) on leading kids channels to ensure maximum exposure for the show.
European broadcasters are:
- France: BOING in April 2016 – Gulli on September 1st, 2016 – Cartoon Network in March 2017
- Germany and Austria: Nickelodeon on May 21st, 2016
- Italy: Cartoon Network in April 2016, later on BOING
- Spain: BOING in May, 2016
- Africa: BOING in May 2016
- Russia and Ukraine: channels to be announced soon – fall 2016
- Belgium and Netherlands: Nickelodeon on May 21st, 2016
- Central and Eastern Europe, Nordics countries, Portugal, Turkey and Poland: Cartoon Network between April and May 2016
- Israel : Noga in Summer 2016
The story of Yo-Kai Watch centers around a young boy, Nate, who gets a special watch empowering him to discover mysterious beings called “Yo-kai” that are everywhere to cause us little nuisances in our daily life. Nate’s role is to find out the reason for the Yo-kai’s mischievous behaviors and to talk them out of it, using his own creative wit and helped by his fellow Yo-kai that he befriends each time he solves a problem.
Created by the renowned Japanese video game company Level-5, Inc., the YoO-Kai Watch franchise currently boasts a Nintendo 3DS video game series, a top-rated animated TV series jointly produced by Level-5, Inc., Dentsu Inc., and TV Tokyo Corporation, manga and related books published by Shogakukan Inc, as well as toys (Hasbro, Inc.) and other merchandise.
With an imaginative plot, great characters and hilarious comedy, Yo-Kai Watch has become one of the most popular franchises of all time in Japan, in just 2 years!
Source: VIZ Media